Production Assistant APPLY NOW
SSD Design's Production Assistants are individual contributors responsible for executing production activities for incoming and outgoing goods. Production Assistants handle, store, record, and package goods in the plant. Ensures various production operations including packing and storage, replenishment, picking, loading, and packaging are executed in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. Maintains complete and accurate data.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes production by processing and loading orders; reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Handles, loads and puts away outgoing goods and merchandise; unpacks bales, crates, and other containers; checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices; may include material handling, slabbing, and repackaging.
- Accurately sorts, labels, moves, and stores goods and merchandise; places material or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, style, or product codes; arranges storage to optimize plant space; reads work orders or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within the plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Prepares, picks, and packs outgoing goods and merchandise according to written or verbal requests or work orders; uses pick sheets in various formats (paper or electronic) to locate items within the warehouse; removes products from warehouse shelves and places products on pallets, with a pallet jack or forklift, following stacking policies to prevent product damage; verifies product and quantity accuracy.
- Complies with tickets or worksheets from customer specifications.
- Operates plant equipment as needed to complete tasks (e.g., forklifts, cherry-picking lifts, pallet jacks, or other warehouse machinery).
- Assists in inventory level maintenance and inventory counts.
- Responsible for following plant safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred but not required.
High school diploma or equivalent coupled with 1 year of relevant experience and/or training.
Relevant experience and/or aptitude should include:
- Demonstration of attention to detail, safety minded.
- Loading, unloading, picking, packing, or moving goods in a plant environment; forklift / cherry picker experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work orders, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency and/or a demonstrated technical aptitude to learn; preferred technical skills to include but not limited to MS-Office products.
- Demonstration of basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units to measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals); ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent preferred.
- Ability to compile routine reports and write correspondence.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated to accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Work environment may not be temperature controlled; must have the ability to work in extreme hot or cold environments.
- Must have the ability to work in dusty conditions.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.)
- May be required to pass forklift and/or other warehouse equipment certifications (written and/or driving).
- Assigned work shifts may vary and/or rotate.
- Overtime may be required; extended day, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Must be able to handle and work physical inventory; required to lift up to 50 lbs continuously following standard operating and safety procedures. Other physical requirements including, regularly being required to stand, walk, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
What are the Benefits?
After initial 90 days. IRA Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and a Career Path Opportunities.
|||Forest City, NC|||||||||EnToj5TmRR04FZDt|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||15.00|||||||||false